I’ve been playing around with coconut flour for both baking & cooking for a while now and have finally perfected these muffins. Coconut flour can be somewhat tricky because it tends to dry out baked goods, so you need to compensate with enough milk (cow or otherwise), butter/coconut oil, and eggs.
I love coconut flour because it’s grain free, gluten free, and relatively high in protein & fiber. Also, it’s tasty! These muffins won’t spike blood sugar or make you sluggish after you eat them like whole wheat or white flour muffins. Give coconut flour a try. It’s great to thicken up sauces, and I sometimes put it in smoothies.
- 3 eggs (pastured)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter, grass-fed, OR virgin coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 2-3 tablespoons raw honey or grade B maple syrup
- 6-8 ounces organic fresh or frozen blueberries
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup + 1 heaping Tbsp coconut flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 400 and grease or place muffin liners in tin.
- Blend together eggs; melted butter or coconut oil; coconut milk; honey or maple syrup; salt, and vanilla.
- Combine coconut flour with baking powder and thoroughly mix into batter until there are no lumps. Carefully fold blueberries into batter.
- Pour batter into muffin cups. Bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes (start checking at 15).
- Good with organic, grass fed butter or almond butter. You could also use other fruit or add nuts.
Please share and +1!
LIKE WHAT YOU'VE READ?
Subscribe and get my FREE Guide, 3 Steps to Heal Your Thyroid, plus my newsletter with the latest posts, special offers and health tips, too!