I have been studying and using therapeutic essential oils and recommending them to my clients. I am astonished at their ability to soothe and heal, and the uses are endless! My absolute favorite essential oil (of course, that changes on a weekly basis, LOL) right now is frankincense. Most of us equate frankincense with a valued and sacred gift of the magi, but you too can get your hands on it and use it.
Frankincense has an earthy, rich, almost balsamic scent. It has calming properties that can increase spirituality and inner strength, making it great to rub on your temples during meditation or yoga. It’s also AMAZING for your skin. I add several drops to my whipped coconut body butter and face cream. You can apply it topically or use it internally (ONLY if therapeutic grade). Here are my top uses for frankincense. Make sure you get the therapeutic grade I recommend to use internally.
15 Uses for Frankincense
- For beautiful skin and anti-aging: apply a couple drops to your face in the evening before bed. Great to combat wrinkles. Add a few drops to your body lotion/face cream. I add several drops to my whipped coconut oil body butter.
- Use for scars/cuts or to reduce scarring. Speeds healing.
- Uplifting and balanced mood: use to lift your mood, for meditation/contemplation, or to enhance your yoga practice. I like to diffuse it while journaling. You can wear it like perfume!
- Stress relief: rub a drop or 2 in between your palms and inhale deeply
- Relieves itchy skin and bug bites
- Immune support: add a few drops to water and drink to boost your immune system when feeling run down
- Rub on joints or sore muscles to relieve pain
- Add a few drops to your detox bath for stress relief, calm mood, and sore muscles
- Diffuse in a room for a pleasant aroma
- Lullaby: apply together with coconut oil to the bottom of a child’s feet before bed to enhance sleep
- Quiet a cough by applying a few drops to your neck
- Anxiety: apply to temples or inhale deeply from the bottle
- Reduce inflammation on skin, topically, or take internally for inflammation
- Oral health: add to your toothpaste or use to combat bad breath
- Digestion: stimulates peristaltic motion, combats indigestion
Blending: Frankincense Oil blends well with Lime, Lemon, Orange and other Citrus oils as well as Benzoin, Bergamot, Lavender, Myrrh, Pine and Sandalwood oil.
I use and only recommend Young Living therapeutic grade essential oils. It’s easy to order the oils! I started with the premium starter kit because it is the best value and give you a good sampler of all the most popular oils. You also get a diffuser so you can enjoy the scents around your house. Along with the diffuser, it includes the basic ten everyday essential oils: Thieves, Joy, Valor, Purification, Lemon, PanAway, Frankincense,Peppermint, Peace & Calming, and lavender. The oils are wonderful for families and children too. Click here for info on how you can order.
I have decided the easiest way to get started with the oils is to learn about them one at a time and recommend them to my clients to support healing and wellness. I also diffuse the oils and pay attention to how they smell and how they make me feel physically, emotionally and spiritually.
Please share and +1!
LIKE WHAT YOU'VE READ?
Subscribe and get my FREE guide, 7 Ways to Beat the Bloat, plus my newsletter with exclusive offers, recipes, health tips, and treats!