PEACHES! Peaches, nectarines, apricots, and alllll the stone fruits are finally making their way into the markets for summer. The stone fruits are my absolute favorites for summertime snacking. It’s a holiday weekend, so I wanted to make a tasty, dairy free dessert to showcase the peaches I just bought. This lime zested dairy free fruit dip checks all the boxes.
This lime zested fruit dip is delicious and a snap to make. It’s made with whipped coconut cream, which is delicious and even better than real whipped cream in my opinion. You do need to plan in advance, though: The coconut milk needs to be refrigerated overnight so that it whips up like whipped cream. No one will miss the dairy, and no refined sugars either!
Lime Zested Dairy Free Fruit Dip
- First, zest a lime, then quarter it.
- Scoop out the solid coconut cream that rises to the top of the can you refrigerated into a bowl. Be careful not to mix any of the remaining coconut water. Save it for smoothies.
- Whip the coconut cream with a hand blender (or in a stand mixer) until stiff peaks form, a minute or so. Add lime zest, maple syrup, vanilla, and squeeze the juice from 2 of the lime wedges into the bowl. Whip again for a minute or so.
- Taste. Add more lime juice or sweetener til it suits you. Whip again. Refrigerate for about 15 minutes, but not much longer. You don’t want it to get too solid.
- Meanwhile, slice whatever fruit you want to use to dip. PEACHES! Strawberries, bananas, pineapple and kiwis work well too.
- Serve and enjoy! Your guests will be wowed by this healthy dessert!
Mary Vance is a Certified Nutrition Consultant and author specializing in digestive health. She combines a science-based approach with natural therapies to rebalance the body. In addition to her 1:1 coaching, she offers courses to help you heal your gut and improve your health. Mary lives in San Francisco and Lake Tahoe in Northern California. Read more about her coaching practice here and her background here.