Want a dish to boost up your immune health? Add more antioxidants to your meal with this dish I made tonight. The fish is high in omega 3 fatty acids and is poached in green tea, which is very high in antioxidants. It would be perfect to cook for your sweetie on Valentine’s Day. It is very delicate, fancy, and really delicious. I adapted this recipe from Chef Jennifer Una, who is a Natural Chef. I served it over spinach, but you could use pea shoots or chard.
Green Tea Poached Cod
POACHING LIQUID INGREDIENTS:
5 cups water
1 Tbsp. sesame oil
5 bags green tea
1 onion, diced
4 tsp. minced garlic
1 1/2 lb black cod (sablefish) or other white fish
2/3 tsp. minced ginger
Salt and pepper
1 Tbsp. rice vinegar
1 Tbsp sesame oil, toasted
4 tsp. grated ginger
2 tsp. tamari soy sauce
1 tsp miso
• Heat 5 cups of water in a saucepan until it begins to simmer. Turn off the heat and add the green tea bags. Cover and steep for 5 minutes and then remove the tea bags.
• In a deep skillet, add the green tea, ginger, garlic and onion. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
• In the meantime, prepare the fish, removing any bones and cutting into desired pieces. Season with salt and pepper.
• Add sesame oil to poaching liquid and place the fish gently in the liquid. Make sure the liquid is at a gentle simmer and cook the fish 8-10 minutes or until translucent.
• In the meantime, whisk together the ingredients for the vinaigrette and prepare the greens. Heat wok on medium heat and add sesame oil. Add the greens and the garlic and sauté, tossing gently with tongs for about a minute until the greens wilt slightly. Make sure the garlic does not burn. Remove to a platter.
• Remove the fish from the poaching liquid when finished cooking and lay on top of the greens on the platter.
• Drizzle with the vinaigrette and sprinkle with the scallions.
LIKE WHAT YOU'VE READ?
Subscribe and get my FREE Guide, 3 Steps to Heal Your Thyroid, plus my newsletter with the latest posts, special offers and health tips, too!