OK, so I stole this recipe from Diane over at Balanced Bites. She has some very creative & delicious quick recipes. Tonight I boiled some kale (5 minutes) and drizzled it with sesame oil & sea salt while the chicken was cooking. Done in 20!
Chicken Thighs with Honey-Mustard Sauce
6 Organic Free-Range Chicken Thighs (bone-in, skin-on)
2 Tbsp Melted Butter
1-2 Tbsp Gluten-Free Stone Ground Mustard
1 Tbsp Raw Honey (buying it locally is ideal)
1/2 Tsp Paprika
Celtic/Sea Salt, to taste
* Pre- heat the oven to 375 degrees.
* Combine melted butter, mustard, honey paprika and salt in a small bowl to create a sauce for the chicken.
* Dredge each chicken thigh in the sauce, spreading it evenly onto the skin and bottom side. Use a brush if you find it helpful.
* When the skillet is heated, place the thighs skin side down into the pan. Allow the thighs to cook for approximately 2-4 minutes until golden brown on the skin side.
* Flip the thighs over for about 2 minutes in the skillet, then transfer to a cookie sheet and place into the oven until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. (Approx 20 minutes).
* Remove the chicken from the oven and allow it to cool before eating or storing.
Note: upon cooling, the butter and sauce will become hardened. Scoop a portion of it out when you re-heat the chicken to eat later. Place it on top of the meat and it will melt back into a delicious sauce!
LIKE WHAT YOU'VE READ?
Subscribe and get my FREE guide, 7 Ways to Beat the Bloat, plus my newsletter with exclusive offers, recipes, health tips, and treats!