Fresh Fig Almond Cake (Gluten & Free, No Refined Sugars)
- 4 tablespoons Kerrygold butter, melted (plus butter for greasing pan). You could sub coconut oil for dairy free.
- 1 cup raw almonds (not blanched)
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup gluten free flour blend. I use Bob’s Red Mill.
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 12 to 14 ripe figs
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Butter a 9-inch pie pan; set aside. Put almonds and coconut sugar in a food processor and grind to a semi-coarse powder. Add flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt; pulse to combine.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, melted butter, honey and almond extract. (NOTE: do not add hot butter to eggs or it will cook the eggs. Allow melted butter to cool). Add almond mixture and beat for a minute until batter is just mixed. Pour batter into pan.
- Remove stem from each fig and cut in half. Arrange fig halves cut-side up over the batter. Bake for about 30 minutes, until golden outside and dry at center (test with toothpick). Cool before serving.
Please share and +1!
LIKE WHAT YOU'VE READ?
Subscribe and get my FREE Guide, 3 Steps to Heal Your Thyroid, plus my newsletter with the latest posts, special offers and health tips, too!