Looking for thoughtful gift ideas for your favorite foodie? Or DIY natural bodycare products for your favorite hippies? (just assuming everyone who prefers homemade bodycare products is a hippie like myself). I’ve compiled a list of the best utensils, appliances and fun DIY natural gifts (mostly body care products) and food gifts for everyone on your list. These gifts are thoughtful, low maintenance and non-toxic, and they cover all price ranges.
Holistic Holiday Gift Guide
Kitchen Utensils and Appliances
- I have to start with my all-time fave and my number one kitchen utensil: My KitchenAid stand mixer. I fell in love with mine the moment I saw it and use it all the time.
- This Cuisinart immersion blender makes blending stews, soups, purees, and smoothies so easy.
- Go all out and get a Le Creuset enamel dutch oven. It is a classic, conducts heat well, and lasts a lifetime. A more budget friendly option is this Lodge enamel dutch oven.
- A knife set makes an excellent gift. Wusthof is cream of the crop, or my chef friends rave about this Shun knife.
- This lodge cast iron skillet is pre-seasoned and a great bargain. It’ll also last a lifetime. For a non-toxic non-stick coated pan, try the green pan. I love mine!
- If you follow me on facebook, you know how much I rave about my spiral slicer. You can make noodles out of sweet potatoes, butternut squash and zucchini. Love it.
- I’m big into juicing my veggies. This omega juicer will save you money in the long run on expensive $7 juices from the juice shop. A great way to support liver cleansing and get your minerals.
- And of course, the creme de la creme splurge is the VitaMix. This thing is the ultimate workhorse for soups, smoothies, juice, purees, and everything in between.
DIY Body Care Gifts
- Homemade bath salts are perfect for mom, sisters, teachers and neighbors. Primally Inspired tells you how to make bath salts with relaxing and detoxifying Epsom salt and essential oils. Click here to get the recipe. I made these last year for family and friends, and they were a big hit!
- This coconut oil sugar scrub from Veggie Converter is easy to make and so great for skin. Plus, you can put it in a pretty jar and use whatever essential oils you like.
- My Miracle anti-aging skin cream is AMAZING and inexpensive to make. It smells divine and really works for decreasing wrinkles and improving skin tone.
- This coconut oil lotion bar from Coconut Mama is great for skin and smells awesome. Tie a pretty ribbon around the tin and voila. Click here for the recipe.
- I always say “don’t apply anything to your skin that you wouldn’t eat.” This key lime pie whipped body butter from The Nourished Life is light and airy and smells divine– good enough to eat. Click here for the recipe.
- I would also probably eat this Vanilla Bean Body butter from Primally Inspired. It contains cocoa butter, coconut oil and almond oil. Mmmmmmm. Click here for the recipe.
- Go all out and make an entire DIY gift set. Homemade Mommy shows us how and includes lip balms, lotion bars, illness-fighting Thieves Oil, detox bath salts and sugar scrub. Awesome idea! Click here to learn how to make it.
DIY Food Gifts
- My DIY chocolate bars are delicious and cute. You can also make them into truffles by rolling them into balls and coating with coconut or carob power or crushed nuts. Click here for recipe.
- Make your own vanilla extract with vanilla bean pods and brandy. Looks fancy and smells divine. Great gift idea from the Darling Bakers. Click here to learn how to make it.
- These chocolate truffles from my friend Healy Eats Real are easy to make with only cocoa powder, coconut oil and coconut palm sugar. Pair them with my chocolate bars for a great gift set! Click here for the recipe.