You have to kiss a lot of paleo shortbread cookies to find your prince. I wanted to create an egg free shortbread cookie recipe for the holidays, and I tested this recipe many times, enlisting tasters all along with way with mixed reviews about which version is best. It was a close call between using all coconut flour (wrong mouth feel, I was told), and a mix of coconut and almond flour. I settled on mostly coconut flour with a bit of almond flour mixed in for a moister result.
Although I’m officially burned out on faux shortbread, these are truly melt-in-your-mouth delicious, easy, and quick. You could also dip them in melted dark chocolate for even more deliciousness.
One note: supervise these very carefully while baking. They will very quickly become too brown if you bake them too long.
Paleo Shortbread (with Vegan Option)
- 6 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp almond flour
- 4 tbsp grass fed butter OR coconut oil
- 2 tbsp cashew or almond butter
- 2 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- ½ tsp almond or vanilla extract
- healthy pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Use a wooden spoon to mix all the ingredients together until well incorporated. Dough will be sticky.
- Roll the dough between your palms so you have 7 separate balls.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Press each cookie down with a fork, until the top is flattened.
- Bake for 7 minutes, until the bottoms begin to brown. They may not look "done" on the top when they are ready.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before stuffing them in your face (something I am not good at).
Like What You Read? Please Join my Mailing List!
LIKE WHAT YOU'VE READ?
Subscribe and get my FREE Guide, 3 Steps to Heal Your Thyroid, plus my newsletter with the latest posts, special offers and health tips, too!