Hope everyone had a good one! Now, are you feeling bloated and crappy from overindulgence? Here are a few tips to get you back on track and back in fighting shape:
1. Start off each day with hot water and the juice of a lemon. This alkalinizing drink is very cleansing, good for the liver, and gets things moving in the digestive tract. It’s so important to have regular bowel movements–at least one per day– because this is the way your body rids itself of toxins. Constipation causes toxins that have been bound up in stool to recirculate, causing bloating, acne, and fatigue.
2. Do a gentle cleanse for a week. Cut out gluten, dairy, alcohol, coffee (green tea is fine), and refined sugar. Eat organic protein and organic veggies, with an emphasis on leafy greens.
3. Get some exercise every day: take walks, do yoga, anything to get moving. This stimulates the lymphatic system.
4. Try epsom salt baths in the evening. A couple of scoops of epsom and a few drops of essential oil if you have some. If you have access to a sauna, sit in it in intervals, enough to sweat. This is an invigorating way to release toxins.
5. Get to bed by 10 or 11pm and get 8-9 hours of sleep.
You may feel so good after a week of a virtuous routine that you may not want to return to your old habits!
LIKE WHAT YOU'VE READ?
Subscribe and get my FREE guide, 7 Ways to Beat the Bloat, plus my newsletter with exclusive offers, recipes, health tips, and treats!