I made this pie to bring to a paleo potluck over the weekend, and it was a big hit. I got the recipe from Kelly over at Primally Inspired. It’s easy to make, requires no baking (it’s raw!), is refined sugar free, and filled with healthy fats. No unpleasant blood sugar crash afterwards– this is a healthy dessert! I even ate it for breakfast the next morning, and why not? The filling is light and airy and contains avocados and whipped coconut cream for healthy fats. The crust is made with almonds, coconut butter, dates and shredded coconut, so you get some protein, fiber, and even more healthy fats.
This would be a great dessert to bring to a dinner party, or just to make as a healthy alternative if you want a dessert that isn’t filled with junk. You could even top it with a little additional whipped coconut cream, which is very easy to make.
Raw Paleo Key Lime Pie (Grain, Dairy, Egg Free)
Ingredients for Crust:
- 2 tablespoons coconut butter
- 6 Medjool dates
- 1 cup toasted almond slices
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
Ingredients for Filling:
- 2 ripe avocados
- ¾ cup fresh squeezed lime juice (I used regular limes, but use key limes if you can find them!)
- ⅓ cup grade B maple syrup (or honey for non-vegans)
- 1-2 tablespoon coconut flour (see notes)
- 2 cans of full fat coconut milk, refrigerated over night
Mary Vance is a Certified Nutrition Consultant and author specializing in digestive health. She combines a science-based approach with natural therapies to rebalance the body. In addition to her 1:1 coaching, she offers courses to help you heal your gut and improve your health. Mary lives in San Francisco and Lake Tahoe in Northern California. Read more about her coaching practice here and her background here.