I love LOVE egg nog. But after a food allergy test a couple years back revealed that I am allergic to both eggs AND dairy (a travesty, really), I avoid both. This makes both baking and brunch very difficult, so that’s why I am always coming up with vegan options for certain foods, even though I’m not vegan. I also recommend avoiding processed soy, so those soy milk egg nog options are not great either.
Here is a recipe I got from nutritionist Rose Cole, from her new sugar free cookbook. Give it a whirl and let me know what you think!
Chilled Holiday Nog (Raw, Vegan)
• 2 cups Almond Cream, unsweetened (see this post for how to make what she calls almond cream and I call almond milk)
• ½ cup date paste (dates blended with a little water)
• 2 Tbsp grade B maple syrup
• 2 frozen bananas
• 2 tsp flax seed oil (*optional)
• 2 tsp vanilla extract
• ½ tsp nutmeg plus additional for sprinkling
• ¼ tsp cinnamon
Blend all ingredients except bananas. Add bananas and blend. Serve immediately, sprinkled with additional sprinkle of nutmeg. Enjoy!
LIKE WHAT YOU'VE READ?
Subscribe and get my FREE guide, 7 Ways to Beat the Bloat, plus my newsletter with exclusive offers, recipes, health tips, and treats!